Free Consultation 888.364.9522
Austin Car Accident Attorneys You Can Trust

Car Accidents

Austin Personal Injury Lawyer For Car Accidents

If you or a loved one has been involved in a serious car accident, you should obtain legal representation as quickly as possible. Depending on your case, our firm may be able to file suit against the other driver, a third party company, or the insurance company. Please contact us for free case review.

What to do if You Have Been Involved In a Car Accident

After making sure everyone's urgent medical needs are met, alert the police. Smaller, fender-bender accidents can often be handled without assistance by the police. If you are unsure of whether or not to notify a police officer, call the non-emergency number of your local police department (in Austin, 311) and speak with a dispatcher.

If a police officer comes to the scene, be sure to take note of:

  • The police officer's name and badge number
  • The name of the particular law enforcement agency (Austin Police Department, etc.)
  • The accident report number
  • The physical location of the accident
  • Time and date of the accident
  • The road or driver conditions (wet highway, negligent driver appeared intoxicated, etc.)
  • How the accident occurred

It is also very helpful for you to write down, as early as possible, how you believe the accident occurred, including the direction of travel of the automobiles involved, their speed, etc. Also, sketch a diagram of how the accident occurred. Take photographs if you can.

If a police officer is not present, it is critical that you take good notes. Record the information above, as well as record:

  • The names, addresses, and phone numbers of those who were involved in the accident
  • The names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the accident
  • Any insurance information, including policy numbers and coverage dates
  • License plate numbers of the vehicles involved in the accident

Again, if possible, photographs and diagrams will greatly assist your claim. If you have been involved in a serious car accident in Williamson, Travis or Hayes County, or Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Leander, Buda or Kyle, Texas, please contact us as soon as possible.