Federal Criminal Defense in Texas
Austin Criminal Defense Attorney
Federal crimes either cross state lines, involve a federal agency (e.g., the post office, federally insured banks, the SEC and HUD) or involve the internet. The most common cases prosecuted at the Federal level include drug trafficking, bank robbery and internet pornography. Our attorneys are seasoned, aggressive, and professional federal criminal defense lawyers.
Over the past five years, we have represented clients facing:
- Drug Trafficking
- Money Laundering
- Bank Robbery
- Illegal Entry
- Federal Firearms Offenses
- Illegal Weapons (i.e., machine guns and/or explosives)
- Weapons in Possession of Undocumented Aliens
Federal prosecutors usually focus on fewer and more serious cases. The Federal Government also has an array of powerful investigative tools and plenty of resources that can be used to build a case against you.
Such tools include:
- Pen Registers
- Video and Surveillance
- Debriefers (Co-Defendants who will talk to lessen their sentences).
The Federal Government typically uses task forces that combine law enforcement agents from federal, state and local authorities into a powerful prosecution team. In short, federal prosecuting attorneys have the power to bring tremendous resources against you, and they will not hesitate to do so.
There are several factors that make federal criminal defense so daunting:
- Federal sentences are severe, and there is no parole.
- The Federal Criminal Code does not lend itself to plea negotiation.
- Federal prosecutors and law enforcement agents typically have far greater resources and experience than their state counterparts.
If you are facing potential federal charges, call us or email us as soon as possible. Normally, the Feds are and already have been gathering evidence against you. Remember - you have an absolute right to your silence.
Before you ever speak to a Federal Agent, consult an aggressive, skilled, and licensed federal criminal defense attorney at Sablatura & Williams PLLC.